Online & Mobile Banking
Bank on Your Schedule!
Safely monitor your account activity from your computer or smartphone, transfer funds, pay on your loans or VISA, view paid check images, receive your statement and pay your bills. It's all free and it's all available through our Online and Mobile Banking.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I enroll? Simply go to our Online Banking site and click on the option to "enroll now". It will walk you through setting up your account.
- Is it safe? Yes. A secure server is used to protect your information. We also have a two-factor authentication process that will require you to select challenge questions and choose a secret word and confirm your email address.
- What if I forget my password or challenge responses? Not a problem. You can unlock yourself online using your email address. If you have further problems, just give us a call.
- Will my balance reflect recent activity? YES! The balances shown are in real time. What you see is accurate and up to date. When you make a payment or transfer it is also effective immediately.
All of the convenience of our Online Banking is also available as a free app for smartphones (available for both Android and iOs) with our Mobile Banking. To start, you must first activate your account online. To download the app, simply search for GECU mobile in the Apple App Store or Gas & Electric Mobile Banking in the Android Google Play store.
If you have a smartphone, it's all you need to deposit a check into your account now! This feature on our Mobile Banking takes the hassle out of depositing a check. You simply need to log in to your GECU mobile app and use the "Deposit Check" option. To use this easy and FREE feature, you will be required to take a picture of the front and back of your check- it's as easy as that.
A nice partner to our mobile app is the Shazam Bolt$ app. With the Shazam Bolt$ app, you can view your balance, block and unblock your debit card with ease, make person-to-person payments. You may also set up alerts either by text, email or both and be notified whenever your card is used by parameters you set- such as over a certain dollar amount, or purchases made online. This is invaluable for detecting fraudulent activity right away! Coming soon- you will also be able to set your own travel alerts, so you don't have to worry about your card being flagged for suspicious activity. Available in both the apple store and google play.
E-Statements are essentially an electronic version of your paper statement that you receive through your Online Banking account. E-Statements are retrievable by simply clicking on the Statement tab on your account screen and are stored for 2 years- easily accessible whenever you need it.
- It's fast! Receive your statement the first business day of the month.
- It's easy. Signing up only takes a minute.
- It's convenient. Never misplace your statement again.
- It's safe. All information is available only via a secured server.
- It's environmentally friendly. Save a tree - use E-Statements.
- It's FREE. We will never charge you for using this service.
Online Bill Pay
Available through Online Banking, Online Bill Pay makes paying your bills a snap! Best of all- it's FREE* (*there is no charge as long as you make at least one payment every 30 days). To sign up for Online Bill Pay, simply click on the Bill Pay tab on the top of your account screen after you log in to your account. This service is also available via the mobile banking app.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How far in advance do I need to set up my payment? A safe rule of thumb is to schedule the debit date at least 5 or more business days in advance. For all initial payments, please schedule 10 days in advance.
- Is Online Bill Pay secure? Yes. Internet browsers equipped with the proper SSL (secured socket layer) encryption will communicate transactional information in a secure & encrypted session.
Organize your finances in one, convenient location with Finance Central! Our Finance Central tool on Online Banking allows you to view and track ALL of your accounts (not just GECU). Simply click on the Finance Central tab within Online Banking to get started. Finance Central allows you to track funds and set goals with features like Bubble Budgets, Expense Tracking, Debt Management, and more. Not only will you be able to see all your financial accounts, balances, and transactions in one
place — you will be able to visualize and interact with that data in new and meaningful ways — all conveniently and securely within online banking. It's another FREE resource offered to our members!