Safely monitor your account activity from your computer or smart phone, transfer funds, pay on your loans or VISA, view paid check images, receive your statement and pay your bills. It's all free and it's all available through our Online Banking.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- How do I enroll? Simply go to our Online Banking site and click on the option to "enroll now". It will walk you through setting your up your account.
- What is the cost? It's free.
- Is it safe? Yes. A secure server is used to protect your information. We also have a two-factor authentication process that will require you to select challenge questions and choose a secret word and confirm your email address.
- What if I forget my password or challenge responses? Not a problem. You can unlock yourself online using your email address. If you have further problems, just give us a call.
- Will my balance reflect recent activity? YES! The balances shown are now in REAL TIME. What you see is accurate and up to date. When you make a payment or transfer it is also effective immediately.
All of the convenience of our Online Banking is also available as a free app for smartphones (available for both Android and iPhone) with our Mobile Banking. To start, you must first activate your account online. To download the app, simply search for GECU mobile in the Apple App Store or Gas & Electric Mobile Banking in the Android Google Play store.
If you have a smartphone, it's all you need to deposit a check into your account now! This new feature on our Mobile Banking takes the hassle out of depositing a check. You simply need to log in to your GECU mobile app and use the "Deposit Check" option. To use this easy and FREE feature, you will be required to take a picture of the front and back of your check- it's as easy as that! Please review our complete FAQ on Mobile Deposit- and of course you may contact us with any questions.
E-Statements are essentially an electronic version of your paper statement that you receive through your Online Banking account. E-Statements are retrievable by simply clicking on the Statement link on your account screen and are stored for 2 years- easily accessible whenever you need it. Other benefits include:
- It's fast! Receive your statement the first business day of the month.
- It's easy. Signing up only takes a minute.
- It's convenient. Never misplace your statement again.
- It's safe. All information is available only via a secured server.
- It's environmentally friendly. Save a tree- use E-Statements.
- It's FREE. We will never charge you for using this service.
Organize your finances in one, convenient location with Finance Central! Our NEW Finance Central tool on Online Banking allows you to view and track ALL of your accounts (not just GECU). Simply click on the Finance Central tab within Online Banking to get started. Finance Central allows you to track funds and set goals with features like Bubble Budgets, Expense Tracking, Debt Management, and more. Not only will you be able to see all your financial accounts, balances, and transactions in one place - you will be able to visualize and interact with that data in new and meaningful ways - all conveniently and securely within online banking. Best of all- it's another FREE resource offered to our members! FAQ for Finance Central.
Online Bill Pay
Forget about stamps, envelopes and writing checks- pay your bills the easy way- with Online Bill Pay. Available through Online Banking, Online Bill Pay now allows you to keep all of your financial information in one convenient website. To pay a bill, you simply need to fill out the payee's information, date you would like the money taken out of your checking account, and the payment amount. We'll do the rest! Best of all- it's FREE* (*there is no charge as long as you make at least one payment every 30 days). To sign up for Online Bill Pay, simply click on the "Bill Pay" tab on the top of your account screen after you log in to your account. This service is also available via the mobile banking app.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- How far in advance do I need to set up my payment? A safe rule of thumb is to schedule the debit date at least 5 or more business days in advance. For all initial payments, please schedule 10 days in advance.
- Is Online Bill Pay secure? Yes. Internet browsers equipped with the proper SSL (secured socket layer) encryption will communicate transactional information in a secure & encrypted session.